The largest annual gathering of youth theatres in the UK.
“One word – fabulous!” NFYT participant 2014
Each year Scotland’s National Festival of Youth Theatre (NFYT) creates an explosion of young creative talent. It is the largest gathering of youth theatres in the UK and enables young people to come together, discover and celebrate a shared passion, offering them the opportunity to develop as artists, audience members and creative thinkers.
In 2015 the festival will welcome youth theatre groups from across Scotland and further afield. The event will include six programmed shows, two scratch performances and a special short performance created by the Fife schools NFYT outreach project. The weekend will also include an evening open-mic performance café, artistic workshops, a final night ceilidh and of course, festival camping!
Your youth theatre group doesn’t have to perform in order to take part. NFYT always welcomes non-performing groups and public audiences who choose to enjoy what festival has to offer without the pressure of staging a show.
NFYT offers young people aged 14-22 the opportunity to:
- see nine youth theatre performances over three days
- create a ‘scratch’ performance over the weekend and showcase it on the main stage
- perform on the NFYT open-mic stage
- take part in up to six different artistic workshops
- take part in a Young Critics programme
- make friends and socialise with their peers from across Scotland and further afield
NFYT offers youth theatre group leaders:
- The opportunity to take part in a CPD workshop programme
- The opportunity to network with sector colleagues
- Full support with the NFYT booking process, including a condensed Event Information Pack to distribute to parents and carersTo book (deadline 3 April 2015) visit